Monday 28 January 2013

MOOD INDIGO


DENIM

"I`m just a soul who`s bluer than blue can be" 
Mood Indigo, Irving Mills

My love for the rugged, cotton twill fabric is an endless affair. Denim is my wardrobe safety when I don`t know what to wear. I admire how it ages well, as the fit and feel get`s more desirable after every wash given.


My favorite pair of jeans are my 12 year old Painter Jean by Helmut Lang, from the time when Mr. Lang was still the head of the brand. The classic cut jean splattered with white and grey paint on distressed blue denim never seem to tire me.
The idea of the painters patinated clothes is an enchanting thought and the nonchalance of wearing garments with stains outside of the atelier is inspiring.
A classic five pocket model
The sexy button fly...
Torn, white washed edges...
A beloved old raw denim shirt going from 100% Indigo to all shades possible of blue hues!
Adding elbow patches to make the shirt last forever.
The beauty of a washed out neck label.
Top stitches that refuses to bleach in a nice contrast to the distressed denim. 
Mending the holes of another pair for a personal touch.
Wearing my beloved MiuMiu blazer repetitively, a great companion when my eyes are blue.


No comments:

Post a Comment